BTEC Level 2 Diploma Towards Employment in Health & Social Care
3 GCSEs grade D (grade 3) or above in English or maths or a relevant Level 1 course at pass/merit or above
Who is the course for
This course has been designed to provide a broad education as a basis for further training, further and high education or for moving into employment in health and social care. Students develop the general skill, knowledge and understanding.
- Human Lifespan Development (External)
- Healthy Living (External)
- Health and Social Care Value
- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care
Work experience is an integral part of the course and students will be supported to find a work placement.
Full time study - 4 days in college and 1 day in work placement.
How is the course assessed
The course is assessed both externally (2 units) and internally. Internally assessed units includes mixture of written assessment, recording/observations of practical work and presentations.
Where next - Further Studies
On completion of the qualification, learners can progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications, or employment in a particular vocational sector.
Where next - Job Opportunities
There are many job routes open to you within social care industries, across different sectors and working with different age groups.
Last updated: 12 January 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 03 September 2018
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00