BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care
4 GCSEs grade 3 (grade D) or above preferably including both English & maths or a relevant Level 1 qualification at merit/distinction or above.
Who is the course for
This course has been designed to provide a broad education as a basis for further training, further and high education or for moving into employment in health and social care. Students develop the general skill, knowledge and understanding.
- Human Lifespan Development (External)
- Healthy Living (External)
- Health and Social Care Value
- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care
Work experience is an integral part of the course and students will be supported to find a work placement.
Full time study 4 days in college and 1 day in work placement.
How is the course assessed
The course is assessed both externally (2 units) and internally. Internally assessed units includes mixture of written assessment, recording/observations of practical work and presentations.
Where next - Further Studies
Level 3 vocational qualifications, such as BTEC Nationals in Health and Social Care or the Level 3 National in Children’s Play, Learning and Development.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment in a relevant health and social care setting or community work.
Last updated: 31 October 2019
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.