BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate / BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Health & Social Care
4 GCSEs grade A* -C (grade 9 - 4) including English or maths, or a relevant Level 2 qualification at merit or above plus English or maths at grade C (grade 5/4) or above. If you don’t have GCSE English or maths you should have Level 2 Functional Skills or equivalent.
Who is the course for
This course provides a foundation for employment or further and higher education, and is designed for those wishing to follow a career in the caring services.
Year 1 course = 60 credit Subsidiary Diploma Year 2 course = a further 60 credits (total 120 credits) Course units include:
- Developing effective communication in health & social care
- Equality, diversity and rights in health & social care
- Health, safety and security in health & social care
- Development through the life stages.
Work experience is an integral and compulsory part of the course and students will be assisted to find a work placement during their course.
A variety of methods including lectures, discussions, independent research and practical activities.
How is the course assessed
100% internal assessment for each unit includes a mix of written assignments and recording/observations of practical work and presentations. The development of functional skills in maths and English is also integral to success and is assessed.
Where next - Further Studies
Progress from the Level 3 National Extended Certificate to the Level 3 National Diploma in Health & Social Care. After completing the Diploma you may be able to progress onto a higher education course.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Gain employment as an assistant care worker, residential care home worker or go into social work. You can also go onto an apprenticeship.
Last updated: 9 November 2016.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.