BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate / BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Health & Social Care
4 GCSEs grade 9-4 (grade A*- C) preferably including both English & maths or a relevant Level 2 qualification at merit or above with English or maths at grade 4 (grade C) or above. If you don’t have GCSE English or maths you should have Level 2 functional skills or equivalent.
Who is the course for
This course provides a foundation for employment or further and higher education, and is designed for those wishing to follow a career in the caring services.
Year 1 course = 60 credit Subsidiary Diploma Year 2 course = a further 60 credits (total 120 credits) Course units include:
- Developing effective communication in health & social care
- Equality, diversity and rights in health & social care
- Health, safety and security in health & social care
- Development through the life stages.
Work experience is an integral and compulsory part of the course and students will be assisted to find a work placement during their course.
A variety of methods including lectures, discussions, independent research and practical activities.
How is the course assessed
100% internal assessment for each unit includes a mix of written assignments and recording/observations of practical work and presentations. The development of functional skills in maths and English is also integral to success and is assessed.
Where next - Further Studies
Progress from the Level 3 National Extended Certificate to the Level 3 National Diploma in Health & Social Care. After completing the Diploma you may be able to progress onto a higher education course.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Gain employment as an assistant care worker, residential care home worker or go into social work. You can also go onto an apprenticeship.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.