Give yourself a head start for a glittering career in media. Learn how to produce and direct your own films and documentaries, vision mix and edit content and get technical behind the scenes, in our high-spec studios and editing suites.
What’s it like in Media?
- Access some of the most creatively liberating and top-of-the-line equipment in a purpose-built studio that boasts vision mixers, autocues, broadcast quality cameras, professional lighting rigs and multiple green, blue and black screen areas for productions.
- Fantastic facilities include a CGI filming studio enabling you to create exciting content.
- Participate in the college’s annual showcase of work during Creative Week and attend your own film premiere at an external venue.
- Gain insider tips and experience from visiting industry experts and workshops.
- Develop your skills and gain experience of working on live briefs with external clients on projects including music videos, documentaries, adverts and short films.
- Expert staff have industry experience in the UK and internationally for companies including the BBC, Channel 4, Universal Records as well as London based production companies and feature films.
- Take part in work placement opportunities to gain first-hand experience in what its really like to work in the industry.
- Gain experience of professional shoots on location, including conducting industry relevant pre-production paperwork as well as directing, managing, lighting and shooting using our HD equipment.
Have a look at what you could be doing if you are a media student at Uxbridge College - click here to see some of our media students' work.
Want to see more? Click here to view our gallery.
"I came to Uxbridge College as it was local to me and I had heard good things about it. The facilities are very good and up-to-date. The lecturers are nice, friendly and very supportive. I would definitely recommend the college to my friends and family"