C&G Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (4270-13) - PT Evening plus Off Site Assessment
Ideally with a level 2 qualification in mechanics, candidates must currently be working in a garage full time and have at least 2 years of experience, in carrying out a range of vehicle repair and diagnostic activities.
In addition, there will be a formal interview which includes a short written test, to access your suitability for the course.
Who is the course for
The VCQs in Automotive Maintenance & Repair is a practical qualification that demonstrates your skills on the job, in your own workplace.
- Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment.
- Supporting Job Roles in the Automotive Work Environment.
- Skills in Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices in the
- Automotive Environment.
- Inspecting Light Vehicles using Prescribed Methods.
- Diagnosing and Rectifying Light Vehicle Engine Faults.
- Diagnosing and Rectifying Light Vehicle Chassis System Faults.
- Diagnosis and Rectification of Light Vehicle Transmission and Driveline Faults.
- Diagnosing and Rectifying of Automotive Vehicle Auxiliary Faults.
Course will be delivered as a combination of class based theory lessons and site based assessment. Candidates must attend all theory based lessons which will be on a Monday evening (1800 hrs till 2100 hrs). Note: There will be no lessons in July & August.
How is the course assessed
On line exams, Assignments and Portfolio Building/Assessment on site.
Where next - Further Studies
C&G 3428-02 Awad in MOT Testing (Level 2) C&G 3428-03 Award in MOT VTC Managers (Level 3)
Where next - Job Opportunities
M.O.T Tester, Supervisor, senior mechanic
This is a full cost commercial course and all students pay fees, no concessions are available. ‘Fee refunds for commercial courses will not be awarded after two weeks before the scheduled start date of the course, unless the course is cancelled by the College.’
Last updated 29 November 2019
How to Apply
This course requires an informal telephone interview. Please click the orange button below to fill out the application form with your details and we will be in touch to arrange a time to contact you.