Vehicle Fault Diagnostics - PT Evening
Ideally experience or qualifications providing a good understanding of basic vehicle auto electrical and mechanical systems.
Who is the course for
Suitable for those who have a basic understanding of the electrical systems of cars through a course e.g. IMI Introduction to Auto Electrics, or from working on these systems, and would like to enhance their skills in the diagnosis of electrical/electronic faults and performance issues in vehicles. This course would also be useful for those attending or aiming to take the C&G 4270-13 Level 3 Diploma, as it covers industry standard diagnostic procedures that must be used during the NVQ.
- Health and Safety intro and knowledge test, course outline, tour and introductions
- Basics of engine operation and components knowledge
- Disassemble/Reassemble 4 stroke engine on a rig
- Misfire – guided testing procedure on how to detect if a misfire is due to an electrical, mechanical or fuel related fault
- Understanding ignition systems: petrol/diesel
- Understanding Active and Passive sensors
- Understanding wiring diagrams, circuits and electrical fault finding and equipment
- Performance testing on rolling road.
- Reinforce all objectives learned and Q&A
Practical workshops and assignments. Suitable safety boots and overalls will be required to carry out practical activities in the workshop.
The candidate must provide their own boots and overalls. Suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) is compulsory in the workshop and may be purchased from Amazon, B&Q etc.
Please note the overalls should be navy colour and are described as workshop or warehouse coats at many outlets, Safety boots are also required.
How is the course assessed
Centre based practical tasks and end of course test.
Where next - Further Studies
Where next - Job Opportunities
- Trainee Master Technician
- Main dealer.
This is a full cost commercial course and all students pay fees, no concessions available. Once you have clicked the Enrol Now button and completed and submitted your online application, Sanjay Suri, Commercial Manager will be in touch to discuss your application further.
PLEASE NOTE If you submit an application between 26 July and 23 August, Sanjay will contact you on his return to the office on 23 August. Many thanks.
Last updated 9 July 2018
How to Apply
You can enrol straight away by one of the methods below. You do not need to complete an application form.
- By telephone - call 01895 853333 to enrol using your Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, Maestro or Delta card.
- In person – come along to the Uxbridge Campus. We are open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Please remember to bring your payment with you as you will need to pay your fees when you enrol.