IMI Level 1 Award in Electric/Hybrid Awareness - PT Evening
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification and learners are not expected to have any prior knowledge or experience, however an interest in the subject area is advisable.
Who is the course for
The course is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the knowledge of safe working practices, the dangers surrounding and the precautions required to avoid potential injury when near Electric/Hybrid vehicles. This Award sized qualification offers an introduction to this specialised industry sector which in addition to complimenting their current industry qualifications and experience, will enable them to continue to work safely within their role. These roles can include but are not exclusive to: Non-technical roles such as:
- First Responders
- Car hire companies
- Parts advisors
- Sales and aftersales advisor
- Event staff
- Vehicle recovery personnel
- Vehicle dismantlers
- Vehicle damage assessors
- Electric/Hybrid professional vehicle drivers.
The content of this qualification has been designed to give the learners the knowledge required to work safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles. It contains one mandatory unit covering:
- The types of Electric/Hybrid vehicles available
- Hazards associated with motor vehicle high energy electrical systems
- Working safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles including charging
As a result, learners successfully completing this qualification will acquire significant core knowledge of working safely around, but not maintain Electric/Hybrid vehicles.
Lectures and demonstrations
How is the course assessed
The assessment for this course will be via an on-line exam and practical assessment.
Where next - Further Studies
This qualification will help support progression onto qualifications that further develop their knowledge of either working safely in emergency or recovery situations or within a technical role carrying out routine servicing and maintenance activities on Electric/Hybrid vehicles.
- Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Hazard Management for Emergency and Recovery Personnel
- Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Routine Maintenance Activities
Where next - Job Opportunities
Various roles that may require being close to or working on electric/hybrid vehicles.
Uxbridge College is pioneering the latest in high tech learning with its new training technologies for electric and hybrid car maintenance and repairs. The college recently took delivery of a Mini Electric, which is being used hand in hand with its new state-of-the-art electric car simulator, the Car Train. Its EV (Electric Vehicle) courses will support the major shift towards the use of electric and hybrid vehicles, as the UK moves to end its contribution to global warming. Candidates will be given a maximum of 3 opportunities to resit the online exam. Failure to pass/show up for these 3 resit dates will result in the candidate failing the entire course. The resit fee is £50 and the candidate will need to wait until the next batch of exams are taking place to resit.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.