Pre-Award in MOT Testing C&G 3428-02 (Level 2)
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Hold a Level 3 qualification in Vehicle Technology or maintenance and repair from a prescribed list provided by GOV.UK
- Have a current and full UK driving licence for the vehicle classes you want to test
- Be a skilled mechanic with at least 4 years full-time employment servicing and repairing the types of vehicles youre going to test
- Have no unspent convictions for criminal offences connected with MOT testing or the motor trade, or involving acts of violence or intimidation
- Be of good repute - the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency will decide this to make sure youre suitable to be an MOT tester
Who is the course for
This course is for qualified mechanics, who now intend to become MOT testers, but are not familiar with the use of MOT test equipment. This practical course has been specifically designed to ensure that candidates become familiar with using MOT test equipment, in order that they can progress onto the Award in MOT Testing C&G 3428-02 (Level 2) and qualify as an MOT Tester.
How to carry out a full MOT within the guidelines of DVSA using authorized MOT equipment and how to use the COM2 system to log a vehicle for an MOT.
Practical demo and hand on experience.
How is the course assessed
Ongoing practical assessment and feedback.
Where next - Further Studies
C&G3428-02 Award in MOT Testing.
This is a full cost commercial course and all students pay fees, no concessions available.
Last updated: 12 January 2018
How to Apply
This course requires an informal interview.
To arrange an assessment and interview time please contact Information, Advice & Guidance on 01895 853333.