C&G Level 2 Certificate Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Programme (4290-17) - PT Evening
A good level of English is required.
Who is the course for
Those wishing to join the motor industry or wishing to learn more about cars or to follow a hobby.
You will follow a course of study on the following:
- Health and safety
- Removing and refitting components
- Removing and replacing engine components
- Carrying out full service.
50% practical and 50% theory.
Suitable safety boots and overalls will be required to carry out practical activities in the workshop and may be purchased from Amazon, B&Q etc.
The candidate must provide their own boots and overalls.
Please note the overalls should be navy colour and are described as workshop or warehouse coats at many outlets
How is the course assessed
3 online exams, 3 centre devised exams, portfolio building and assessment.
Where next - Further Studies
After successful completion of this course, progression is possible to the City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Fitting Principles.
Where next - Job Opportunities
This qualification would improve your chances of entering into, or progression within, the motor industry including the following roles: motor mechanic, garage receptionist, car salesman, garage trainee and parts personnel.
Last updated: 12 January 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.