C&G Level 2 Certificate Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Programme (4290-17) - PT Evening
A good level of English is required.
Who is the course for
Those wishing to join the motor industry or wishing to learn more about cars or to follow a hobby.
- Unit 001 Knowledge and practical application skills in health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Unit 004 Practical skills in materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Unit 051 Knowledge of health, safety and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- Unit 054 Knowledge of materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment
- Unit 151 Knowledge of servicing light vehicle
- Unit 152 Knowledge of Vehicle engine units
- Unit 172 Knowledge of engine air, fuel and ignition
- Unit 101 Practical skills in routine light vehicle maintenance (servicing)
- Unit 102 Practical skills in removing and replacing light vehicle engine units and components
50% practical and 50% theory delivered through blended learning: face to face, Google classroom, I-GVS, Zoom and other online learning.
Theory is delivered through blended learning which may include face to face and some online learning including Google classroom, I-GVS, Zoom and other online learning platforms. The mode of delivery will be governed by the Covid-19 guidelines adopted by the college at that time and may vary throughout the course.
Suitable safety boots and overalls will be required to carry out practical activities in the workshop and may be purchased from Amazon, B&Q etc.
The candidate must provide their own boots and overalls. Please note the overalls should be navy colour and are described as workshop or warehouse coats at many outlets
How is the course assessed
3 online exams, 3 centre devised exams, portfolio building and assessment.
Where next - Further Studies
Where next - Job Opportunities
This qualification would improve your chances of entering into, or progression within, the motor industry including the following roles: motor mechanic, garage receptionist, car salesman, garage trainee and parts personnel.
This is a full cost commercial course and all students pay fees, no concessions are available.
‘Fee refunds for commercial courses will not be awarded after two weeks before the scheduled start date of the course, unless the course is cancelled by the College.’
Certification is based upon the achievement of the passing the course content and paying the fees in full.
PLEASE NOTE If you have made an application between 11 July and 24 August, Sanjay will contact you on his return to the office from 24 August onwards.
Last updated 8 July 2020
How to Apply
This course requires an informal telephone interview. Please click the orange button below to fill out the application form with your details and we will be in touch to arrange a time to contact you.