IMI Level 2 Award Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Maintenance - PT Evening
Learners must have completed the IMI Level 1 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Awareness course and will need to possess appropriate vehicle maintenance and repair knowledge and skills at level 2.
Who is the course for
Learners will have an interest in gaining the knowledge to work safely when carrying out routine maintenance activities on Electric/Hybrid vehicles. It is therefore designed for those people who may encounter electric/hybrid vehicles within a routine maintenance situation. It also contains the knowledge and skills required to work safely around a vehicle that may have had damage to its high energy/electrical system. This Award sized qualification offers an introduction to this specialised industry sector which in addition to complimenting their current industry qualifications and experience, will enable them to continue to work safely within their role. These roles can include but are not exclusive to vehicle maintenance and repair technicians.
The content of this qualification has been designed to give the learners the knowledge and skills required to work safely on Electric/Hybrid vehicles whilst carrying out routine maintenance and repair activities (not voltage components or systems). This may include vehicles that may have or had damage to their high energy/electrical system. It contains one mandatory unit covering knowledge of:
- Electric/hybrid vehicle system components and operation
- Hazards surrounding electric/hybrid vehicles
- How to reduce the risks to yourself and others when working on electric/hybrid vehicles
- Safely preparing the vehicle when carrying routine maintenance (NOT high voltage components or systems)
- Working safely on an electric/hybrid vehicle (NOT high voltage components or systems) As a result, learners successfully completing this qualification will acquire significant core knowledge and skills and the ability to work safely around and maintain Electric/Hybrid vehicles.
Lectures, demonstrations and practical tasks.
How is the course assessed
The assessment for this course will be via an on-line exam.
Where next - Further Studies
This qualification will help support their progression onto qualifications that further develop their knowledge and skills within a technical role, carrying out repair and replacement of high voltage components on Electric/Hybrid vehicles:
- Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Repair and Replacement
Where next - Job Opportunities
Progression within the motor industry
Uxbridge College is pioneering the latest in high tech learning with its new training technologies for electric and hybrid car maintenance and repairs. The college recently took delivery of a Mini Electric, which is being used hand in hand with its new state-of-the-art electric car simulator, the Car Train. Its EV (Electric Vehicle) courses will support the major shift towards the use of electric and hybrid vehicles, as the UK moves to end its contribution to global warming. Candidates will be given a maximum of 3 opportunities to resit the online exam. Failure to pass/show up for these 3 resit dates will result in the candidate failing the entire course. The resit fee is £50 and the candidate will need to wait until the next batch of exams are taking place to resit.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.