So, do you want to produce a chart-topping download, work as a sound engineer or be part of the next big music sensation? If you have your sights on a career in the music business then hone your practical and technical music skills on one of our courses.
What’s it like in Music?
- Use industry-standard software, such as Logic ProX and ProTools, to record, edit and mix the classics or your own original material.
- Rehearse and record in our soundproofed industry-standard studios using the latest technology and supported by expert sound technicians.
- Staff will share their first-hand experience of the music business, providing practical and theoretical classes to help you develop your skills to write your own compositions and perfect your performance and technical skills.
- Play to live audiences – gigs are set up at a range of venues so you can perform different styles of music to a variety of audiences.
- Former students have set up their own record label and have formed bands - one of which won a silver medal in the prestigious national WorldSkills competition.
- Live briefs and industry experience are at the core of this course - projects include working with Encyclopaedia Britannica who each year commission our students to compose music for their company website.
- Former students have secured places at top universities and prestigious music conservatoires such as Leeds College of Music, Trinity Laban and SAE Institute UK.
Want to see more? Click here to view our gallery.
"I heard many good reviews about the success rates and knew I wanted to study here. The lecturers are very knowledgeable, really friendly and very supportive. You can approach them for help at all times and as they are from the industry they know what it’s really like and teach accordingly. I have already recommended the college to my friend who is starting next year after her GCSEs"
Our students got involved in the UAL's Emerge showcase & featured in the video! View it here...