TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service - Online
- If you are aged 19-23 you would be fully funded if you have previously achieved a full level 2 and are unemployed. If you do not meet both these criteria, you are not eligible for our funding.
- If you are aged 24 + you would be fully funded if you are unemployed and co-funded if you are not. If you are co-funded, you may have to pay a fee to cover part of the cost of the training – please contact us to find out.
- If you are working but earning less than £21,157.50 per year, are aged 19 – 23 and have achieved a full Level 2, you will be fully funded.
- If you are working but earning less than £21,157.50 per year and are aged 24+, you will be fully funded.
- You must live in a London borough postcode. If you live outside the Greater London Authority area, we may still be able to fund you – please contact us to find out. Please look up here: https://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default/files/gla_postcode_map_a3_map1.pdf
Who is the course for
This qualification will provide you with the underpinning knowledge required by employers to work in a range of different environments in a customer service role. You will develop essential knowledge of how to carry out customer service related tasks such as how to manage information and support events. Once you have completed the qualification you will be able to apply your knowledge in a variety of industries and job roles.
This course has seven units:
Unit 1: Principles of customer service and delivery. Cover the fundamental knowledge and understanding needed to work in a customer service role. You will develop knowledge of the legal and ethical requirements that relate to customer service and maintaining customer service information.
Unit 2: Understand customers. Develop the knowledge of different types of customers. You will also study the links between good customer service and customer loyalty, as well as how these factors affect the organisation’s reputation and image.
Unit 3: Understand employer organisations. Look at a variety of organisational structures and the differences between private, public and voluntary sectors. You will discover the internal and external influences on organisations, and why change in the business environment is important.
Unit 4: Understand how to communicate with customers. Gain a thorough understanding of the importance of effective communication in customer service. You will look at different communication techniques and how to identify and adapt your own communication style to offer the best service possible.
Unit 5: Understand how to handle customer information. This unit provides knowledge of customer service information systems and handover procedures. Learn about the different responsibilities and levels of authority for processing customer service information.
Unit 6: Understand how to resolve problems and deliver customer service to challenging customers. This provides you with a solid foundation of knowledge to enable you to deal with challenging customers. Develop knowledge of techniques you can use to resolve problems and manage unresolved problems by referring to other sources.
- Unit 7: Understand how to develop customer relationships. Gain an understanding of how to develop relationships with customers/potential customers, study the value of customer loyalty and customer’s expectations.
Online learning materials with online assessment. Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal Tutor and a Learner Support Advisor
How is the course assessed
Where next - Further Studies
Our other Level 2 certificate courses will be a great way to progress.
Where next - Job Opportunities
This qualification could assist you in gaining the following employment opportunities and potential salaries:
- Customer Service Manager – up to £25,000
- Receptionist – up to £24,000
- Retail assistant – up to £23,000.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.