TQUK Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading - Online
- If you are aged 19-23 you would be fully funded if you have previously achieved a full level 2 and are unemployed. If you do not meet both these criteria, you are not eligible for our funding.
- If you are aged 24 + you would be fully funded if you are unemployed and co-funded if you are not. If you are co-funded, you may have to pay a fee to cover part of the cost of the training – please contact us to find out.
- If you are working but earning less than £20,963 per year, are aged 19 – 23 and have achieved a full Level 2, you will be fully funded.
- If you are working but earning less than £20,963 per year and are aged 24+, you will be fully funded.
- You must live in a London borough postcode. If you live outside the Greater London Authority area, we may still be able to fund you – please contact us to find out. Please look up here: https://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default/files/gla_postcode_map_a3_map1.pdf
Who is the course for
This qualification will provide you with the knowledge and understanding required to successfully lead a team. You will develop knowledge around the principles of team leading and the general workings of a business as well as how important it is for a team leader to be able to successfully communicate with a range of stakeholders.
1: Principles of team leading Gain an understanding of various leadership styles, develop knowledge of team dynamics and the techniques that are essential to effectively manage a team’s workload. 2: Understand business Increase understanding of different organisational structures and the business environment. Develop knowledge of the principles of business planning and finance within an organisation, business reporting, management responsibilities and accountabilities within an organisation. 3: Understand how to communicate work-related information Look at the principles and techniques behind work-related communication - both verbal and written forms. Develop knowledge of a range of documents required for different types of meetings in a business environment. 4: Understand how to manage performance and conflict in the workplace Develop knowledge of team performance management through benchmarking, discovering how to manage underperformance within a team and conflict in the workplace. 5: Principles of equality and diversity in the workplace Develop an understanding of the standards and expectations of equality and diversity in the workplace, including the potential consequences of failing to comply with relevant legislation. 6: Understand how to develop working relationships with colleagues A detailed look at the principles of effective teamwork and how to be a ‘buddy’, the benefits of effective team working, how to give constructive feedback and techniques to resolve team conflict. 7: Understand health & safety procedures in the workplace You will cover the main health & safety responsibilities and laws affecting the workplace, employers’ and employees’ responsibilities in relation to health & safety, and the support that is available for employees. 8: Understand how to develop and deliver a presentation Discover advantages and limitations of various forms of media, factors affecting contingency plans and ways to evaluate presentations
Online learning materials with online assessment. Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal Tutor and a Learner Support Advisor
How is the course assessed
Where next - Further Studies
Our other Level 2 certificate courses will be a great way to progress.
Where next - Job Opportunities
This qualification could assist you in gaining the following employment opportunities and potential salaries:
- Customer Service Manager – up to £25,000
- Retail Manager – up to £35,000.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.