TQUK Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Warehousing - Online
- If you are aged 19-23 you would be fully funded if you have previously achieved a full level 2 and are unemployed. If you do not meet both these criteria, you are not eligible for our funding.
- If you are aged 24+ you would be fully funded if you are unemployed and co-funded if you are not. If you are co-funded, you may have to pay a fee to cover part of the cost of training – please contact us to find out.
- If you are working but earning less than £21,157.50 per year, are aged 19-23 and have achieved a full Level 2, you will be fully funded.
- If you are working but earning less than £21,157.50 per year and are aged 24+ you will be fully funded.
- You must live in a London borough postcode. If you live outside the Greater London Authority area, we may still be able to fund you – please contact us to find out. Please look up here: GLA Postcode Map
Who is the course for
This qualification is aimed at anyone who wishes to develop an in-depth knowledge of the health and safety requirements in warehouses, the processes surrounding storing and dispatching warehousing goods and the importance of customer service in a warehousing environment. The course aims to provide learners with a route to employment in the logistics sector, but can also support those currently working in the sector to progress in their role and advance their career.
- Unit 1: Health and safety requirements in a warehousing environment
- This unit will help learners understand health and safety considerations and how to reduce risks in a warehousing environment. This includes identifying the risks associated with receiving goods-in, processing orders, storage of goods, stock checks and manual handling, and also identifying how to reduce these risks.
- Unit 2: Understand the principles of warehousing goods
- This unit will provide an understanding of the different types and functions of warehousing, the goods-in process and the principles of storing goods. Learners will be able to explain and identify the common principles of the sector; as well as the benefits, features and processes relating to warehousing
- Unit 3: Understand the process of stock checking and preparing goods for dispatch
- Within this unit you will understand the need for undertaking stock checks, as well as the processes involved following a stock check, when packaging goods for dispatch, and prior to dispatch. You will be able to outline and identify key features of these processes, as well as explaining their importance.
- Unit 4: The importance of customer service in the warehousing environment
- This unit will enable you to understand the importance of good customer service internally and externally, know how to deliver good customer service and understand the impact of customer service in the warehousing environment. You will accomplish this by being able to identify different types of customers and their needs, knowing how to communicate effectively and as a team, and knowing how this can affect public opinion and company reputation.
How is the course assessed
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.