UAL Level 4 Diploma in Performance
- GCSE English and maths at 4 or above and a UCAS Tariff score of 120 from a full Level 3 qualification such as A Level, UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma or BTEC in Performing Arts or Music.
- All students who are non-native English speakers and who have not undertaken their final two years of schooling in English, must demonstrate capability in English at a standard equivalent to IELTS 5.5; Reading and Writing must be at 5.0 or equivalent.
- We accept a wide range of European and international qualifications. Mature students with appropriate related industry experience are encouraged to apply.
Who is the course for
The UAL Level 4 Professional Diploma in Performance is aimed at students who wish to continue their education through applied learning. Ideally students will have completed a full Level 3 qualification in Performing Arts or Music and will have the subject knowledge, understanding and practical skills associated with the Performing Arts and Music industry. The course is designed to define the artistic ambitions and professional progression opportunities, and to build up a professional practice portfolio whilst working on creative projects
There are three Core Units that you will study over the course of the year:
- Applied Professional Practice
- Specialist Performance Practice
- Specialist Performance Project
Working with our in-house theatre company, Praxis Pro, you will be introduced to the realities of a professional working environment, develop your performance technique and realise your professional ambitions.
Students will attend college for 10 hours per week. Students are expected to complete a further 10 hours of independent study per week. There will be a mixture of:
- Online learning
- Independent study
How is the course assessed
You will be assessed throughout the whole aspect of your course, from practical workshops and performances to seminars, written essays, portfolios and presentations.
Where next - Further Studies
The UAL Level 4 Professional Diploma in Professional Practice provides students with the opportunity to improve, develop and enhance their performance skills in Acting, Music and Dance in readiness for industry or higher-level training. On successful completion of the UAL Level 4 Professional Diploma in Performance, students can develop their careers in the Performing Arts sector by:
- Entering Employment
- Continuing existing employment
- Progressing to University at Level 5
- Progressing to Conservatoire training/Drama School study
The UAL Level 4 Professional Diploma in Performing Arts is recognised by Higher Education providers as meeting admission requirements to many relevant Performing Arts and Music courses. Details of entry requirement s for UAL Level 4 Professional Diplma graduates into degree programmes in the UK and internationally can be found at ucas.com. The UAL Level 4 Professional Diploma will also give students the opportunity to enter the second-year of an undergraduate Degree course, at Level 5, at selected Universities. For example:
- University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- Bath Spa University
- De Montford University
- Brunel University
- University of Chichester
Where next - Job Opportunities
The skills offered as part of the UAL Level 4 Professional Diploma in Performance can provide graduates with the opportunity to work in many different areas of the Perfroming Arts sector:
- Performer (Actor/Dancer/Musician)
- Musical Director
- Outreach partner
Last Updated: 10 July 2020
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.