BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Public Services (Uniformed)
Who is the course for
This course is for anyone wishing to gain employment in the Uniformed Public Services, e.g. Police, Fire, Ambulance, Prison Service, Private Security Services, Armed Forces, Revenue and Customs.
- Government policies and the Public Services
- Leadership and teamwork in the Public Services
- Citizenship, diversity and the Public Services
- Understanding discipline in the Uniformed Public Services.
- Physical preparation, health and lifestyle for the Public Services
- Fitness testing and training for the Uniformed Public Services
- Outdoor and adventurous expeditions
- Skills for water-based outdoor and adventurous activities
- Practical team sports
- Exercise, health and lifestyle
- Instructing physical activity and exercise
- Land navigation by map and compass.
Functional skills are developed, assessed and recorded throughout the programme.
Outdoor activities will form an important part of the programme.
As in the Uniformed Public Services Sector, there are strict requirements on behaviour, punctuality, attendance and work deadlines.
Lectures, workshops, group work, practical sessions and a range of outdoor activities.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments along with a range of outdoor activities.
Where next - Further Studies
Successful students can progress onto a degree or Level 5 HND Diploma at university.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Successful students may be able to gain employment in the Uniformed Public Services or in a range of sport, leisure and business organisations.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 04 September 2017
Duration: 2 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00