BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma/Diploma in Public Services
4 GCSEs grade A*-C (grade 9 - 4) including English and maths, or a relevant Level 2 course (with distinction) including English and maths. You will also need to provide a good school report/reference.
Who is the course for
This course is for anyone wishing to gain employment in the Uniformed Public Services, e.g. Police, Fire, Ambulance, Prison Service, Private Security Services, Armed Forces, Revenue and Customs.
Year 1 course = 60 credits Year 2 course = additional 60 credits (total 120 credits)
Course units include:
- Government policies and the Public Services
- Leadership and teamwork in the Public Services
- Citizenship, diversity and the Public Services
Optional units may include:
- Physical preparation, health and lifestyle for the Public Services
- Instructing physical fitness
- Outdoor and adventurous expeditions
- Police powers in the Public Services
- Land navigation by map and compass.
Outdoor activities will form an important part of the programme.
Lectures, workshops, group work, practical sessions and a range of outdoor activities.
How is the course assessed
Assignments include reports, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments.
Where next - Further Studies
Progress to the 90 credit Diploma to the Diploma in Public Services and then onto a foundation higher education course.
Where next - Job Opportunities
You can gain employment in The Police or Armed Forces, as a firefighter, paramedic or in a range of sport, leisure and business organisations.
Last updated: 12 January 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.