Level 1 Introductory Diploma in Public Services
3 GCSEs grade E (grade 2) or above including English. You will also need to provide a good school report/reference. If you do not have any formal qualifications but have appropriate experience you may be accepted on the basis of a successful interview.
Who is the course for
This Foundation Level course is for anyone wishing to gain employment in the Uniformed Public Services, e.g. Police, Fire, Ambulance, Prison Service, Private Security Services, Armed Forces, Revenue and Customs.
Course units include:
- Finding out about the Public Services
- Taking part in fitness testing
- Assisting members of the public
- Contributing to your community
- Responding to an incident
- Planning and navigating a route
- Taking part in sporting and adventurous activities
- Being organised
- Working with others.
Outdoor activities will form an important part of the course.
Lectures, workshops, group work and practical sessions.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, exams, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments along with a range of outdoor activities.
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 2 in Public Services (Uniformed).
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment in The Police or Armed Forces, as a firefighter, paramedic or in a range of sport, leisure and business organisations.
Last updated: 12 January 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 03 September 2018
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00