BTEC Level 1 Introductory Diploma in Public Services
3 GCSEs grade 2 (grade E) or above including English. You will have a College interview and if necessary references may be taken up.
Who is the course for
This course is for anyone wishing to gain employment in the Uniformed Public Services, e.g. Police, Fire & Rescue, Ambulance, Prison & Probation, Security Industry, Royal Navy, Army, Royal Air Force, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, Ministry of Defence, National Crime Agency.
The course looks at the emergency and armed services in their role to protect society and defend UK interests abroad. Course units include:
- Being organised
- Developing a personal progression plan
- Working with others
- Researching a topic
- Taking part in fitness testing
- Carrying out security searches
- Contributing to your community
- Responding to an incident
- Planning and navigating a route
- Taking part in sporting and adventurous activities.
Outdoor activities and fitness will form an important part of the programme.
Transferable Skills Students will be challenged on their team work, leadership, communication skills and the ability to problem solve, while developing knowledge for the Uniformed Public Services.
Lectures, career visits, workshops, group activities, practical sessions and a range of outdoor experiences.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, projects, presentations, practical scenarios, oral work and time constrained assignments along with a range of outdoor activities.
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 2 in Public Services.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Students should look to gain employment in the Police or Armed Forces, as a firefighter, paramedic or in a range of sport, leisure and business organisations.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.