BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Public Services
4 GCSEs grade D or above (grade 9 - 3) including English and Maths or a relevant Level 1 course including English and maths. You will also need to provide a good school report/reference.
Who is the course for
This course is for anyone wishing to gain employment in the Uniformed Public Services, e.g. Border Force, Police, Fire & Rescue, Ambulance, Prison & Probation, Security Industry, Royal Navy, Army, Royal Air Force, Ministry of Defence.
The course looks at the emergency and armed services in their role to protect society and defend UK interests abroad.
Course units include:
- Public Service skills
- Employment in the Uniformed Public Services
- Career planning for the Public Services
- Improving health and fitness for entry to the Uniformed Public Services
- Driving and the Public Services
- Expedition skills in public services
- Land navigation by map and compass.
Outdoor activities and fitness will form an important part of the programme.
Transferable Skills Students will be challenged on their team work, leadership, communication skills ability to problem solve, while developing knowledge for the Uniformed Public Services.
Lectures, career visits, workshops, group activities, practical sessions and a range of outdoor experiences.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, projects, presentations, practical scenarios, oral work and time constrained assignments along with a range of outdoor activities.
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary or 90 Credit Diploma in Public Services (Uniformed).
Where next - Job Opportunities
Students should look to gain employment with Emergency and Armed Forces e.g. Border Force, Police, Fire & Rescue, Ambulance, Prison & Probation, Security Industry, Royal Navy, Army, Royal Air Force, Ministry of Defence.
Last updated: 21 June 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.