Develop your passion for science with a range of qualifications based in our top-quality laboratories and classrooms. Courses combine practical applications with their use in industry and business.
What’s it like in Science?
- We have great preparation for higher education as most students completing the Level 3 Diploma progress to university to study courses such as pharmacy, pharmacology, biology, biomedical sciences, forensic science, criminology and psychology.
- Courses are practically-orientated and most of your classes will be held in our five well-equipped laboratories with specialist equipment.
- Staff are highly qualified in their field. Their knowledge and experience will help you to prepare for university and a career in the sciences.
- We offer a supportive tutorial programme to equip you with knowledge that extends beyond the classroom and to help you to make the most of your time with us.
- Some units are assessed by coursework which is internally marked and externally moderated. Students taking the new Level 2 and 3 BTEC qualifications must also sit externally-examined units.
- It is also possible to study GCSE English and/or maths alongside your BTEC course.
The teaching at the college is fantastic. Not only do we have theory lessons but also special events which enhance our learning. Recently we had a ‘forensic day’ with activities based on what we were learning. This gave us an invaluable insight of what it would be like to work in forensics.
The lecturers all come from the industry so we get to hear what it’s really like, that’s something we can’t learn from books.