BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma/Extended Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science
5 GCSEs grade A*-C (grade 9 - 4) including English, maths and science, plus an excellent school report/reference. In addition to the GCSE’s a relevant Level 2 qualification or equivalent, including knowledge of anatomy and physiology for Sport at distinction level, would be an advantage.
Who is the course for
This course is for those interested in a sport or fitness related career, or keen to progress onto a sports studies higher education course.
Yr 1 course = 90 credits Yr 2 course = additional 90 credits (total 180 credits)
Course units include:
- Anatomy for sport and exercise
- Sport and exercise physiology
- Research methods for sport and exercise sciences
- Research project in sport and exercise sciences
- Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Exercise, health and lifestyle
- Fitness training and programming
- Instructing physical activity and exercise.
You will also have the opportunity to study for a CYQ Fitness Instructor Award (Level 1 in year one; Level 2 in year two) and other various Level 1 coaching qualifications (at an additional cost).
Lectures, workshops, group work, practical sessions, field trips and work experience.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments
Where next - Further Studies
Progress from the 90 credit Diploma to the Extended Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science or apprenticeships in sports development or fitness instructing/personal training. After completing the Extended Diploma you can progress onto a higher education course.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Jobs in the health and fitness industry or a sport related field.
Last updated: 8 February 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.