BTEC Level 3 90 credit Diploma/Extended Diploma in Sport (Development, Coaching & Fitness)
5 GCSEs grade A*-C (grade 9 - 4) including English and maths, or a relevant Level 2 qualification or equivalent, including knowledge of anatomy and physiology for Sport at distinction level, plus an excellent school report/reference.
Who is the course for
This course is for those interested in a sport or fitness related career, or who are keen to progress onto a sports studies higher education course.
Yr 1 course = 90 credits Yr 2 course = additional 90 credits (total 180 credits)
Course units include:
- Principles of anatomy and physiology in sport
- The physiology of fitness
- Fitness training and programming
- Sports coaching
- Sports development
- Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Work experience in sport.
You will also have the opportunity to achieve the CYQ Level 2 Fitness Instructor Award as well as various Level 1 coaching certificates (at an additional cost).
Lectures, workshops, group work, practical sessions, field trips and work experience.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments.
Where next - Further Studies
Progress from the 90 credit Diploma to the Extended Diploma in Sport and then onto our BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma/Level 5 HND Diploma in Sport or a higher education course at university.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment in high-level roles in the health and fitness industry such as fitness instructor, leisure centre attendant, manager or a sports coach.
Last updated: 8 February 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.