BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma/Diploma in Sport & Coaching
4 GCSEs grade A*-C (grade 9 - 4) including English and maths.
Who is the course for
This course is for those interested in a sport or fitness related career, or who are keen to progress onto a sports studies higher education course.
Yr 1 course = 60 credit Subsidiary Diploma. Yr 2 course = additional 60 credits (total 120 credits)
Course units include:
- Principles of anatomy and physiology in sport
- The physiology of fitness
- Sports coaching
- Sports development
- Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Work experience in sport
- Practical team sport.
You will also have the opportunity to study for a CYQ Fitness Instructor Award (Level 1 in year one and Level 2 in year two) and other various Level 1 coaching qualifications (at an additional cost).
Lectures, workshops, group work, practical sessions, field trips and work experience.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments.
Where next - Further Studies
Progress from the 60 credit Subsidiary Diploma to the Level 3 Diploma in Sport. After completing the Extended Diploma progress onto a higher education course.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Jobs in the health and fitness industry or a sports related field.
Last updated: 12 January 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.