YMCA Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (Gym Based)
4 GCSEs grade A*-C (grade 9 - 4) including English and PE; BTEC Level 2 Sport – Distinction
Who is the course for
Those who want to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a fitness instructor and personal trainer. It equips learners with specialist knowledge, understanding and skills relevant to the role of the fitness instructor and personal trainer.
The YMCA Awards Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (Gym-Based Exercise) comprises of 10 mandatory units totalling 52 credits, including:
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions.
Lectures, workshops, group work, practical sessions, field trips and work experience.
How is the course assessed
Completion of the YMCA Learning Assessment Record (LAR); Practical Observations; externally set multiple choice exams; completion of workbooks/worksheets.
Where next - Further Studies
This qualification provides progression to other qualifications at the same and higher levels, for example:
- Apprenticeship in exercise and fitness
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Award in Instructing Outdoor Fitness
- YMCA Awards Level 3 Award in Sports Conditioning
- Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage (Soft Tissue Therapy)
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
Where next - Job Opportunities
This qualification can lead to employment as a fitness instructor and personal trainer.
Last updated: 22 May 2018
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.