BTEC Level 3 Foundation Diploma / Extended Diploma in Sport and Exercise Science
6 GCSEs grade A*-C (grade 9 - 4) including English, maths and science at grade C (grade 5) plus an excellent school report/reference.
Who is the course for
This course is for those interested in a sport or fitness related career, or keen to progress onto a sports studies higher education course.
Course units include:
- Sport and exercise physiology
- Functional anatomy
- Applied sport and exercise psychology
- Field and laboratory-based Fitness Testing
- Coaching for performance and Fitness
- Research methods for sport and exercise sciences
- Research project in sport and exercise sciences
- Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Exercise, health and lifestyle
- Fitness training and programming
- Instructing physical activity and exercise.
You will also have the opportunity to study for a CYQ Fitness Instructor Award (Level 1 in year one; Level 2 in year two) and other various Level 1 coaching qualifications (at an additional cost).
Lectures, workshops, group work, practical sessions, field trips and work experience.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments
Where next - Further Studies
Progress to the Extended Diploma in Sport and then onto our BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma/Level 5 HND Diploma in Sport or a higher education course at university
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment in high-level roles in the health and fitness industry such as fitness instructor, leisure centre attendant, manager or a sports coach.
Last updated: 9 November 2016.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.