BTEC L3 Ext Dip Sport & Exercise Science - 2yr
Who is the course for
This course is for those interested in a sport or fitness related career, or keen to progress onto a sports studies higher education course.
Students will study up to 18 units over 2 years which will include the following modules:
- Anatomy for sport and exercise
- Sport and exercise physiology
- Research methods for sport and exercise sciences
- Research project in sport and exercise sciences
- Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Exercise, health and lifestyle
- Fitness training and programming
- Instructing physical activity and exercise
- Practical team sports.
You will also have the opportunity to study for a Central YMCA Fitness Instructor Award (Level 1 in year one; Level 2 in year two), and other various Level 1 coaching qualifications (at an additional cost).
Lectures, workshops, group work, practical sessions, field trips and work experience. This will include an overseas residential trip.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments.
Where next - Further Studies
Successful students may gain entry onto a university degree or a Level 5 HND Diploma course.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Jobs in the health and fitness industry or a sport related field.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.