BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate / Diploma in Sport
5 GCSEs grade A*-C (grade 9 - 4) including English and maths. You will also need to provide an excellent school report/reference.
Who is the course for
This course is for those interested in a sport or fitness related career, or who are keen to progress onto a sports studies higher education course.
Course units include:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Fitness training and programming for health, sport and wellbeing
- The physiology of fitness
- Sports coaching
- Sports development
- Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Work experience in sport
- Practical team sport.
You will also have the opportunity to study for a CYQ Fitness Instructor Award (Level 1 in year one and Level 2 in year two) and other various Level 1 coaching qualifications (at an additional cost).
Lectures, workshops, group work, practical sessions, field trips and work experience.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments.
Where next - Further Studies
Progress from the Extended Certificate to the Level 3 Diploma in Sport. You may progress onto a higher education course.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Gain employment in the health and fitness industry or a sports-related field.
Last updated: 9 November 2016.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.