Sport and Exercise
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate / National Diploma in Sport
4 GCSEs grade A*-C (grade 9 - 4) including English and maths. You will also need to provide an excellent school report/reference.
Who is the course for
This course is for those interested in a sport or fitness related career, or who are keen to progress onto a sports studies higher education course.
Yr 1: 360(GLH) Yr 2:360(GLH) Course units include: Learn
- Professional development in the sports industry
- Practical sports performance
- Skill Acquisition
- Coaching for performance
- Rules and regulations The exam units include:
- Principles of anatomy and physiology
- Fitness training and programming for health, sport and well-being
- Development of provision of sport and physical activity
You will also have the opportunity to study for a YMCA Fitness Instructor Award, 1st4Sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching (Sport & Physical Activity), Level 3 Higher Sports Leader and other various Level 1 coaching qualifications (at an additional cost) and work experience. There will also be an opportunity to apply for our substantial industry placement programme.
Lectures, workshops, group work, practical sessions, field trips and work experience.
How is the course assessed
External assessment through written examinations in 3 units (2 in year 1). Internal assessments on all other units to include reports, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments.
Where next - Further Studies
Progress from the National Extended Certificate to the Level 3 National Diploma in Sport. You may progress onto a higher education course.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Gain employment in the health and fitness industry or a sports-related field.
Last updated: 19 June 2020
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.