BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport
3 GCSEs grade E (grade 2) or above including English. You will also need to provide a good school report/reference. If you do not have any formal qualifications but have appropriate experience you may be accepted on the basis of a successful interview.
Who is the course for
This Foundation Level course is for those interested in a sport or fitness related career, or keen to progress into a coaching environment and develop new skills.
Course units include:
- How Exercise Affects the Body
- Training for Fitness
- Playing Sport
- Coaching Skills in Sport
- Assisting in a Sports Activity
- Contributing to Running a Sports
- Getting People Active
- Keeping Active and Healthy
- Being Organised
- Developing a Personal Progression Plan
- Working with Others
- Researching a Topic.
You will also study the 1st for Sport Level 1 Award in Principles of Coaching qualification.
You may also have the opportunity to take various Level 1 coaching qualifications (at an additional cost).
Lectures, workshops, group work and practical sessions. The course has a high practical element.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments.
Where next - Further Studies
Level 2 Extended Certificate in Sport or apprenticeships in a sporting capacity such at fitness instructing or activity leadership.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment as a leisure centre attendant, assistant sports coach or play worker in an after school club.
Last updated: 14 June 2017
How to Apply
You can enrol straight away by one of the methods below. You do not need to complete an application form.
- By telephone - call 01895 853333 to enrol using your Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, Maestro or Delta card.
- In person come along to the Uxbridge Campus. We are open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Please remember to bring your payment with you as you will need to pay your fees when you enrol.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 04 September 2017
Duration: 1 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00