BTEC Level 1 Introductory Diploma in Sport
3 GCSEs grade 2 (grade E) or above including English. You will have a College interview and if necessary references may be taken up.
Who is the course for
This Foundation Level course is for those interested in a sport or fitness related career, or keen to progress into a coaching environment and develop new skills.
Course units include:
- Being organised
- Developing a personal progression plan
- Working with others
- Researching a topic
- How exercise effects the body
- Training for fitness
- Playing sport
- Coaching skills in sport
- Assisting in a sports activity
- Contributing to running a sports event
Students on this course will have the opportunity to study for the additional qualification – 1st4Sport Level 1 Award in Principles for Coaching Sport - within this study programme. This means you can potentially gain two qualifications at the end of your course.
You may also have the opportunity to take various Level 1 coaching qualifications (at an additional cost) and work experience.
Lectures, workshops, group work and practical sessions. The course has a high practical element.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments.
Where next - Further Studies
Level 2 Technical Diploma in Sport and Activity Leaders or apprenticeships in a sporting capacity such at fitness instructing or activity leadership.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment as a leisure centre attendant, assistant sports coach or play worker in an after school club.
Last updated: 31 October 2019
How to Apply
You can enrol straight away by one of the methods below. You do not need to complete an application form.
- By telephone - call 01895 853333 to enrol using your Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, Maestro or Delta card.
- In person – come along to the Uxbridge Campus. We are open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Please remember to bring your payment with you as you will need to pay your fees when you enrol.