BTEC Level 2 Technical Diploma in Sport and Activity Leaders
4 GCSEs grade 3 (grade D) or above preferably including both English & maths or a relevant Level 1 qualification. If necessary references may be taken up.
Who is the course for
This Intermediate Level course is for those interested in a sport or fitness related career, or keen to progress into a coaching environment and develop new skills.
Course Units include:
- Leading sport safely and effectively
- Working in sport and activity leadership
- Leading sport and physical activity
- Coaching sport
- Developing skills for sport and activity leadership
- Leading different groups
- Delivering a sports activity event
You may also have the opportunity to take various Level 1 coaching qualifications (at an additional cost) and work experience.
Lectures, workshops, group work and practical sessions. The course has a high practical element.
How is the course assessed
Assignments throughout the course include reports, projects, presentations, practical work, oral work and time constrained assignments.
Where next - Further Studies
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Sport. You can also go onto an apprenticeship in sports development or fitness instructing/personal training.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment as a leisure attendant, assistant fitness instructor and other roles in the health and fitness industry.
How to Apply
You can enrol straight away by one of the methods below. You do not need to complete an application form.
- By telephone - call 01895 853333 to enrol using your Visa, MasterCard, Visa Debit, Maestro or Delta card.
- In person – come along to the Uxbridge Campus. We are open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Please remember to bring your payment with you as you will need to pay your fees when you enrol.