BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism
Who is the course for
This course is for those wishing to progress onto university or gain employment in the travel & tourism industry.
- Investigate the travel and tourism industry
- Business of travel and tourism
- UK destinations
- Customer service in travel and tourism.
Optional units include:
- Marketing travel and tourism products and services
- Preparing for emplyment in travel and tourism
- European destinations
- Long haul destinations
- Retail travel operations
- Responsible tourism
- Tour operations
- Specialist tourism
- Working as a holiday representative
- Passenger transport for travel and tourism
- Events, conferences and exhibitions
- Tourism in rural areas
- Hospitality operations in travel and tourism
- Entertainment for holidaymakers
- Work experience in the travel and tourism sector
- Core skills are also developed, assessed and recorded throughout the programme.
Students will also study Functional Skills as part of this course.
Lectures, workshops, group work, visiting speakers, practical sessions and outside visits to provide students with a realistic view of the industry. This will also involve an overseas residential trip.
How is the course assessed
Course work, assignments, time constrained assignments and practical applications of skills.
Where next - Further Studies
Students may progress onto degree level study at university.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Various roles in airports, travel agencies, tour operators, airlines and at tourist attractions.
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to:
Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.
- Uxbridge Campus: Course Starting Mon 04 September 2017
Duration: 2 Year(s)
Where: Uxbridge Campus
When: Monday-Friday 09:00 to 17:00