C&G Level 3 Diploma (4976-08)/Extended Diploma in Travel & Tourism (4976-09)
4 GCSEs grade 9-4 (grade A*- C) preferably including both English & maths or a relevant Level 2 qualification. If necessary references may be taken up.
Who is the course for
This course is for those wishing to gain employment in the travel & tourism industry or progress onto the Level 5 HND in Travel & Tourism Management at Uxbridge College or at university.
Course units include:
- UK destinations
- Worldwide travel & tourism destinations.
Optional units include:
- Overseas resort operatives
- Investigating the cruise industry
- Developing an entertainment programme
- Conferences and events
- Promotions and sales
- Worldwide adventure tourism.
Lectures, workshops, group work, visiting speakers, practical sessions and outside visits to provide students with a realistic view of the industry. This will also involve a UK residential trip.
How is the course assessed
Course work, assignments, time constrained assignments, online exams and practical applications of skills
Where next - Further Studies
Progress from the Level 3 Diploma to the Extended Diploma in Travel & Tourism and then onto our Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management or go on to university.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Employment as a tour operator, resort representative or work in a hotel, airport or conference centre.
Last updated: 31 October 2019
How to Apply
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
- Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit
- Post - download an application form here , or use the form in the prospectus. Fill it out and return it to: Student Records/Admissions, Uxbridge College, Park Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1NQ.
When we have received your application we will contact you to arrange an interview time.